Saturday, November 13, 2010

Such a good excuse.

So, Friday afternoon, my dad called me an innocently asked, "are you coming to the premier tonight with me and mom?"

What?

Evidently my classmate's older sister, Scottie Thompson, is starring in Skyline. I'm not generally a big sci-fi thriller fan, but I am a Thompson fan, so we all went. Luckily for me, my classmate/Scottie's sister was there, so I did have someone I sort of knew to talk to for a bit. Later some of her friends, who I didn't know, showed up, but this happened around the same time that I got to talking with a teacher from middle school, so I didn't even have to go be shy. I would have liked to meet them, but having a solid excuse (conversation in progress, also had trouble locating their table in the crowd) was a little bit of a relief.

We got home around 10:30 and I immediately lost my purse (forgot that I had taken it off and left it on the floor of the car, where it blended in rather well) and spent about thirty minutes wandering around the house looking for it before going to take care of Augie. By the way, I'm house sitting again, this time for one of my many aunts. I took Augie for a walk/run around the development and then sat on the sofa drinking Kahlua on the rocks and listening to NPR and writing and reading some magazine about living in California.

Amazingly, her sofa bed is beautifully comfortable. This may have something to do with the memory foam mattress pad and the feather pillows and down comforter. Just a hunch. I am tempted to try to move in. Anyway, I was in bed by 12:30-1 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment