Monday, November 8, 2010

I have no regrets.

I planned to go home just long enough to eat dinner, say hi, get some family time in, walk the dog, and then leave. I really couldn't stand just sitting there and watching TCM though, and I was determined not to screw around online, and I'm not really reading anything at the moment, so I decided to get going on a project I've been planning for a long time now: make space on my dad's beside-the-bed bookcase for his wheelchair charger. As it has been, the charger has been by the door, demanding that the wheelchair has to be parked at the end of the bed at night and thus blocking my mom's route out of the room. Now, not only have I moved the charger, but I have also replaced the terrible little chair that was holding my dad's room phone and alarm clock and stack of "nighttime reading" books with an old piano bench that's been sitting around and getting in the way for years. And we went through every shelf of the eight-foot-high bookcase and got rid of at least sixty books. It's okay, you can say it. I am a beast.

Needless to say, this all really cut into my planned bath time. But I have decided this: screw it. I am taking my bubble bath with my book and I am sleeping in as late as I want, and then I am walking the dog and then going to work. I have earned it.


Edit:
Bedtime: 3:30 am

1 comment: