Sunday, November 14, 2010

After my great-uncle's funeral and the gathering (reminiscent of a wake) at his wife's home, I came home and walked Miley, and then went to my aunt's and walked Augie, and then sat on the couch sipping Kahlua on the rocks and drawing depressingly uninspired pictures in my notebook with colored pencils and then paging through her coffee table book of garden retreats. That was inspiring, as was the other coffee table book about home offices. Not that I find home offices inspiring, but the book was beautifully photographed and filled (front-loaded, honestly, as was the garden book) with inventive ideas for storage and repurposing and decorating and such. So that I found inspiring. The Mountain Stage was playing in the background, and at midnight The Electric Crowd came on. I usually enjoy that show on the rare occasions that I hear it, but last night it was wasn't doing it for me, so I went to bed shortly thereafter. 12:30, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment