Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Like a sieve.

Right now, I honestly have no idea what I did last night. Can't remember at all. Tonight though, I've spent the evening constructing an orange cake (recipe in The Joy of Cooking, 1970-something edition) for my mom's birthday. The cake seems to have come out well, but I'm not sure I can say the same for the orange creme filling. I'll see what I can do for it in the morning. The recipe also calls for "luscious orange icing," but this is a boiled icing recipe (similar to a meringue, and similarly finicky), and I'm not sure whether I'm up to the challenge. Also, it's raining, which isn't exactly the right environment in which to make anything that requires egg whites to be beaten until they're stiff. So I might make the "quick orange icing" instead. Quick sounds good.


My time in-between mixing and baking and writing this has been spent watching Glee and Raising Hope, clearing some of the wreckage from the kitchen, and Christmas shopping for my father. Now I have to walk Miley and then see if I can convince myself not to put off showering until the morning, when I'll be mad at myself for not having taken one tonight. Projected bedtime: 2 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment